Zimbabwe Cricket (ZC) has been granted a week’s waiver by the International Cricket Council (ICC) to submit their final T20 World Cup 15-man squad after failing to beat yesterday’s deadline.
BY OUR STAFF
Zimbabwe coach Andy Waller’s team selection was last week disrupted by a player strike that saw the planned domestic T20 tournament failing to kick-off.
The T20 World Cup will be played in Bangladesh from March 16 to April 6.
“Zimbabwe Cricket has applied for and been granted a week’s extension by the International Cricket Council, for the submission of its final 15 players for the World Twenty20 tournament,” said ZC in a statement.
Last week’s failed tournament would now be replaced by a three-day trial programme scheduled to begin tomorrow at Harare Sports Club.
“The 30 players in the provisional Zimbabwe squad for the ICC World Twenty20 tournament together with six others identified by the national coaching staff and selectors, will be divided into three sides,” said ZC.
PROVISIONAL MAN SQUAD
Sikandar Raza Butt, Tendai Chatara, Chamu Chibhabha, Elton Chigumbura, Michael Chinouya, Charles Coventry, Trevor Garwe, Tafadzwa Kamungozi, Kevin Kasuza, Timycen Maruma, Hamilton Masakadza, Shingirai Masakadza, Tino Mawoyo, Chris Mpofu, Tawanda Mupariwa, Natsai M’shangwe, Forster Mutizwa, Tinotenda Mutombodzi, Richmond Mutumbami, Taurai Muzarabani, Richard Muzhange, Tinashe Panyangara, Edward Rainsford, Vusimuzi Sibanda, Brendan Taylor (cpt), Prosper Utseya, Brian Vitori, Malcom Waller.